Trucking Houston|Texas Global Services
Trucks move roughly 72.5% of the nation’s freight by weight. -American Truckers Asssociation
$791.7 billion in gross freight revenues (primary shipments only) from trucking, representing 80.4% of the nation’s freight bill in 2019.
11.84 billion tons of freight (primary shipments only) transported by trucks in 2019, representing 72.5% of total domestic tonnage shipped.
- $45.7 billion paid by commercial trucks in federal and state highway-user taxes in 2018.
- Commercial trucks make up 13.7% of all registered vehicles, and paid $18 billion in federal highway-user taxes and $27.7 billion in state highway-user taxes, in 2018.
- 24.4¢ in federal fuel tax paid for each gallon of diesel fuel as of January, 2020.
- 18.4¢ in federal fuel tax paid for each gallon of gasoline as of January, 2020.
- 28.2¢ paid on average in state fuel tax for each gallon of diesel fuel as of 2020.
- 26.7¢ paid on average in state fuel tax for each gallon of gasoline as of 2020.
Number of Trucks:
- 36.9 million trucks registered and used for business purposes (excluding government and farm) in 2018, representing 24.2% of all trucks registered.
- 3.91 million Class 8 trucks (including tractors and straight trucks) in operation in 2019, up 2.6% from 2018.
- 304.9 billion miles traveled by all registered trucks in 2018
- 184.2 billion miles traveled by combination trucks in 2018
Number of Companies:
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, as of April 2020, the number of for-hire carriers on file with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration totaled 928,647, private carriers totaled 799,342 and other* interstate motor carriers totaled 84,763.
* Other’ motor carriers are those that did not specify their segment or checked multiple segments. All other categories were excluded.
- 91.3% operate 6 or fewer trucks.
- 97.4% operate fewer than 20 trucks.
- Trucks transported 67.7% of the value of surface trade between the U.S. and Canada in 2019.
- Trucks transported 83.1% of the value of surface trade between the U.S. and Mexico in 2019.
- In 2019, the value of truck-transported trade rose 1.2% to $429.0 billion with Mexico; truck-transported trade with Canada fell 1.5% to $343.0 billion.
- 7.95 million people employed throughout the economy in jobs that relate to trucking activity in 20189 excluding the self-employed
- 3.6 million truck drivers employed in 2019 (an increase of 1.7% from 2018
Texas Global Services can help you with your trucking needs. We are not a truck broker nor do we own trucks. What we do is care about your load as if it were our own. Your success is our succcess and we only are looking for one chance to impress you.
Domestic Trucking Quote Request
Domestic Trucking | Texas Global Services
6046 FM2920 #307
Spring, TX 77379